Sunday, July 22, 2007

I did it!

I finally joined "blogworld!" EVERYBODY'S got a blog and I love them all! Why not create one of my own?

Hubs and I, two sons, two cats, four kittens, four hens and a roaming rooster call our little cottage home. (Well, technically, the hens call the chicken coop home, and the rooster goes wherever he wants. Don't know who he really belongs to, but we feed him and give him water when he comes by.)
Oldest son, J, 21, lives about 2 1/2 hours away in Salt Lake City. Son N, almost 18, is getting ready to leave for college and will soon call a dorm "home." Son B, 9, will be in fourth grade when school starts in August.
Hubs is a remodeling contractor and I am a full time director of a non profit working with children in foster care. Life is busy, full, and satisfying. *sips tea*
I love to find vintage treasures at flea markets, thrift stores and yard sales. My little cottage was built in the 1940's by hubs' grandmama. She lived here with 5 children in 2 bedrooms, a living room,kitchen and small bathroom. Life then was definately different. There's not a closet in the home, although we are remodeling the bedrooms to include them. Grandpa tells us that having 2 or 3 changes of clothes was normal then. Wow! My kids change their clothes 2 or 3 times a day. Playing army, or firefighter, or policeman or great white hunter always requires the right outfit! Thank goodness Grandmama added a laundry room to the house. Even though it's only 6'x8', it's the most used area of our house! *sips more tea*

Thank you for joining me here. It's been fun! Come back soon!

No comments: